Today on the blog I wanted to talk all about post BEACH VACATION skin care. With the summer upon us and hopefully lots of beach vacays in everyone’s future, or any vacay for that matter I wanted to touch base on how important it is to take care of your skin on vacay but for sure once you’re home. Realistically it’s hard to always remember to do all the steps on vacation. So if you aren’t as regimented while you’re away make sure to give your skin extra lovin when you’re home.
From sun damage, to pollution, dehydration from traveling, and of course the post vacay break outs, I thought I would share what I use on my skin when I get home and what I do the week after vacay to get my skin back into tip top shape.
I’ll break it down in two parts: my favorite products and my diet the week after.
Post Beach Vacation Skin Care
Part 1: beach vacation skin care routine and products:
First and foremost, for repairing and refreshing your skin. Exfoliating helps with repairing and removing dead skin and build up etc., while also brightening and toning your skin over all. I love exfoliating when I get home because I typically don’t bring a good exfoliator on my trips.
2.Tacha- Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder: I love that this product has a couple different formulas for your specific skin type. I have been using Tacha now for a couple months and am really liking it.
Hyper-pigmentation from sun damage? Me too! You were most likely in the sun all weekend and if you’re anything like me, no matter if I am wearing a hat or trying to cover my skin I still get hyper pigmentation. For me it’s on my upper lip and a little on my chin where my acne scares are. Trying to lighten those areas are a priority to me and until trying these products nothing else really worked. My favorite go-to products and the two I use religiously after cleansing and washing my skin, are….
**For best results, it’s good to use them together and you’ll notice a huge difference if used consistently for at least 2 weeks. These two items are pretty pricey but a good investment in my opinion as I truly saw results.
Dehydration from traveling, sun, and even lack of sleep, is when I turn to Serums and Moisturizers. The products below are currently my go to.
- Joana Vargas Rescue serum: it boosts radiance while also building resilience.
- Eminence Triple C & E serum: hydrates deeply while smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles. Fine lines can appear on your face not only from aging but from dehydration.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream: I am obsessed with this brand and all of the products but really like this light weight moisturizer. It helps reduce puffiness as well and I am always swollen after vacay.
- Tacha Dewy Skin Cream
- Sheet Masks: There are soo many great ones but my favorite is a brand from Anthropologie, the Milk Moisturizer and the Brightener.
- Laura Mercier Body&Bath: You can’t forget about your body, and with getting lots of sun my skin is always a little dry after as well. To help with the dryness I use my favorite lotion from Laura Mercier. The almond coconut milk soufflé body crème. Not only is it super hydrating it smells sooooo delicious.
I always have my go-to masks on deck for when I am home from vacation because my face needs extra hydration and correction. By correction, I mean I need to help fight the breakouts I got from either all the dairy and sugar I ate or clogged pores.
- Tata Harper Clarifying Mask: helps to reduce blemishes and redness while also shrinking your pores to prevent anymore breakout.
- Eminence Clear Skin Probiotic Masque: Very calming and cooling on the skin. Helps with clearing and combating a breakout.
- Eminence Firm Skin Acai Moisturizer Mask
- Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Clay Masque: Calming, soothing and truly makes my skin feel SO refreshed and smooth. It is one of my absolute favorite masks.
** I typically do masks 3 times the week I am back from vacay. I switch between all of them, but night one I use Clarifying Mask or Skin Probiotic mask leave it on for 20 min, wash it off then apply a sheet mask on top to lock in some moisture. I leave sheet masks on for 30 min.
Part 2, Diet:
In my opinion, you can buy as many products as you want but sometimes helping your skin starts from the inside out and not just the outside in. The day after I am home from vacay I do the same 5 things for the next week to restart my system, help my gut and heal any breakouts. For me eating dairy and sugar typically cause me to breakout so I am always aware when I eat it more than usually because post trip I come home with two or three unwanted blemishes.
Top 5 habits:
- Increase my water intake while also trying to add lemon juice to my water: Lemon water heals the gut
- Eat fresh and clean foods. Lots of which are high in antioxidant and help with de bloating like: blueberries, blackberries, greens, asparagus, spinach, nuts, etc.
- Cut out dairy for a week.
- Cardio: sweat it all out.
- Increase my Vitamin C, I usually take 1 vitamin C tablet a day.
Everyones bodies and skin types are so different and what works for me may not work for everyone but getting into a routine I do know will, and does help. As for the products I have listed and talked about some Ive used for years now and some I have tried only in the last couple months but switching it up and trying new things is how I found what works.
You might also like, What’s in my carry on when traveling?