“I must have flowers, always and always “ – Monet
I saw that quote on a frame somewhere and I could not have related to something more. – I actually just bought it framed for my new room!
Ever since I was a little girl I could remember my mom always had fresh flowers all around our house and I loved it, they just made me so happy. She always took the best care of them and took such pride in all the little touches that make a house a home and I feel like flowers are one of those touches.
I knew when I grew up I too wanted to always have fresh flowers around my home.
I think it is so inviting, warm, refreshing and it just brightens my day. Also, I hope to brighten the day of anyone who comes into my home and I care about the details for them.
Florals used in these photos: cherry blossoms, hydrangea, carnations, garden roses
From season to season I love to go with the what’s fresh and I love switching it up, however, I defiantly have some favorite floral types.
My favorite flowers:
- Kahala Roses
- Expression Roses
- Garden Roses
- Cherry Blossoms
These beauties deserve the best care and over the years I learned a few tips from my mom, my and my florists and I thought I would share them with you!
Taking Care of your Flowers:
- Always go straight home and put the beauties in water
- Be gentle, and cut each flower one at a time
- Pull off the bottom leaves of each flower. Keeping the leafs from touching the water, helps keep it fresh.
- Cut one inch above the stem if you are keeping them long.
- Cut your stems on an angle so it really opens the stem up to absorb a lot more water.
- Add ice to your water- flowers thrive in colder water.
- Cut your stems again every other day
- Change the water every other day
- Avoid putting them in direct sunlight
I find tulips and Hydrangeas are harder to keep alive longer than the other flowers in my bunches.
Tip for Tulips: Add a penny into your water it will help keep them standing up right and not droop over.
Tip for Hydrangea: Spray the petals with water, cut the stems every day and replace the water every day and they do best in really cold water.
I hope you all are having an amazing week and treat yourself to a beautiful bunch of flowers, because YOU DESERVE IT!!